BBC delivers record viewership with London Olympics
The London 2012 Olympic Games delivered the biggest national television event since current measuring systems began, with 51.9 million (90% of the UK population) watching at least 15 minutes of coverage. About 24.2 million (42% of the UK population) also watched at least 15 minutes of coverage on the BBC Red Button.
According to data from the broadcaster, the Closing Ceremony was watched by a peak audience of 26.3 million and an average audience of 23.2 million (82% share). This compares to an Opening Ceremony peak audience of 27.3 million and an average audience of 23.4 million (84% share).
The BBC also delivered its most successful online event ever, attracting a record-breaking 55 million global browsers and 37 million UK browsers to BBC Sport online (cumulative reach) throughout the course of the Games.
- ‘The Rookie’ starring Nathan Fillion is coming to AXN Asia starting 23 February 108 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Viu to showcase 11 new Korean dramas in February and March 90 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020