Why is this the right time to launch your OTT service?
Riding on its track record of successfully launching disruptive entertainment solutions such as now TV, Hong Kong’s first IPTV and largest pay-TV service and MOO, Hong Kong’s first OTT music platform. Viu OTT video service is a strategic move to further expand upon PCCW Media’s earlier investment into Vuclip; Vuclip mobile video platform has over 9 million subscribers across 10 countries, and bears testament to PCCW Media’s commitment to continuous innovation to enhance users’ viewing experience.
• At the end of 2015, more than 1 billion people were using smartphones in APAC, reports eMarketer. That number is expected to swell to nearly 1.5 billion by 2019. • Currently, Asia accounts for over 48% of the world’s internet-users, with the majority accessing the web through mobile devices. • Singapore and Hong Kong have one of the highest smartphone penetrations in the world, with 89% of its population owning mobile phones, according to ZenithOptima, a number that’s expected to rise to 97% by 2018.
Fundamentally, PCCW Media has always been at the forefront of launching innovative entertainment solutions for our consumers. The launch of Viu OTT is a strategic move to strengthen PCCW Media’s position as one of Asia’s leading entertainment providers, and bears testament to our commitment to continually strive to enhance our users’ viewing experience.
Viu received a record 1.2 million downloads in Hong Kong within a short span of six months after its launch last October 2015. Why is Viu a good model?
Viu is a model we are very confident about. The keys to our success include among others:
Despite the challenges with the profusion of pirated sites which upload content without having the rights to, hence, illegal, Viu manages to appeal to viewers by offering great features, light speed turnaround time with local language subtitles in as fast as 4-hours after Korean telecast for select latest drama; stable streaming with good video quality; a seamless viewing experience cross device with synchronisation of viewing history. There is every reason for viewers to download Viu OTT as it’s free. It offers on demand, all the content on the go, stream to download, etc.
We have a massive archive of exciting content which is relevant to our audience‘s taste and preference. The content varies and is tailored to local demands.
From a business perspective, Viu offers advertisers the golden opportunity to reach hitherto hard to reach viewers who increasingly spend more time online. This is especially true of millennials. We are confident that the proposition is attractive for advertisers and that we will have a steady stream of revenue from them.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020