New BBC comedy entertainment format launching at MIPTV
Produced by UK production company Remedy Productions, the 30-minute family entertainment show debuts on BBC One in a Saturday access primetime slot on March 31.
A new hybrid format that combines a hidden camera prank show with a playalong game, Ready or Not offers a hilarious, fast-paced twist to the traditional gameshow concept. Instead of inviting contestants to a studio, the show goes out to them, ambushing unsuspecting members of the public as they go about their daily business – absolutely anytime and anywhere!
Fronted by a whole team of hosts on location around the country, every episode is comprised of comedy game segments, each beginning with a surprise moment, where an unsuspecting member of the public suddenly becomes part of the show. They then must answer quiz questions for the chance to win cash… right there and then!
You never know when and where one of the hosts will appear – they might pop through the middle of a couple’s table in a crowded restaurant, host an entire gameshow in a car park lift or make visitors take part in crazy challenges though the audio guide in a public art gallery. Unsuspecting contestants might even find themselves chatting to Crumpet the talking dog who is always ready to strike up a conversation with startled shoppers before hitting them with a series of tricky questions.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 265 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 82 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021