New BBC comedy entertainment format launching at MIPTV
Produced by UK production company Remedy Productions, the 30-minute family entertainment show debuts on BBC One in a Saturday access primetime slot on March 31.
A new hybrid format that combines a hidden camera prank show with a playalong game, Ready or Not offers a hilarious, fast-paced twist to the traditional gameshow concept. Instead of inviting contestants to a studio, the show goes out to them, ambushing unsuspecting members of the public as they go about their daily business – absolutely anytime and anywhere!
Fronted by a whole team of hosts on location around the country, every episode is comprised of comedy game segments, each beginning with a surprise moment, where an unsuspecting member of the public suddenly becomes part of the show. They then must answer quiz questions for the chance to win cash… right there and then!
You never know when and where one of the hosts will appear – they might pop through the middle of a couple’s table in a crowded restaurant, host an entire gameshow in a car park lift or make visitors take part in crazy challenges though the audio guide in a public art gallery. Unsuspecting contestants might even find themselves chatting to Crumpet the talking dog who is always ready to strike up a conversation with startled shoppers before hitting them with a series of tricky questions.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020