Zodiak Kids’ UK production company, The Foundation announced it has started animation on its brand new mixed-media pre-school show, Floogals. The 52 x 11’ series has been commissioned by Sprout, the NBC-Universal owned kids channel with a 55 million audience reach, who will also co-produce. The series is set to launch on the channel in 2015.
Based on an original idea from Dan Good and developed by The Foundation, Floogals is being produced in conjunction with Nevision Limited who is the strategic investment partner in the series. The deal was brokered by Karen Vermeulen, SVP Global Sales and Coproduction, Zodiak Kids with James Cabourne of Nevision. The show will be distributed internationally by Zodiak Kids in 2015.
Michael Carrington, CEO of The Foundation explained, “Floogals will be an entirely British production with The Foundation set to benefit from the UK Animation Tax Credit, enabling the Company to shoot and animate the series entirely in the UK with UK special effects studio, Jellyfish”.
Floogal’s is a state of the art combination of photo real CGI and live-action never seen before in preschool television. It follows the wild and comedic adventures of three teeny aliens who’ve landed in a suburban house near you. Their Planet Floog is very different to Planet Earth, of course, and everything we take for granted is fascinating to them – from ice cubes to bubble baths, birthday cakes to wild rabbits, garden hoses, trumpets and escaped hamsters.
The trio of aliens are keen to impress with their daily reports to Floog on what they’ve discovered. Their investigations involve theories and clue following that lead them and our viewers to fun revelations. ‘Accidental Learning’ at it’s most hilarious and enjoyable. Through the daily missions of our little aliens children will gain a greater appreciation and understanding of the uniqueness of the world around them just as they are learning about the world and how it works themselves, with a hearty helping of giggles and classic entertaining slapstick along the way.
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 41 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020