Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales
Vinh, who has spearheaded APAC sales for multiple video and advanced technology providers over the past dozen years, will shape solutions that leverage Firstlight Media’s cloud-native platform for Tier 1 providers.
“For our sales team, we’ve sought technology and market experts who quickly grasp how our Gen5 platform can transform service delivery for the industry,” said Paul Pastor, Chief Business Officer and co-founder of Firstlight Media. “Jim Vinh has a track record of helping customers succeed in the APAC media and entertainment and immediately recognized how we can give our customers a significant advantage in the crowded OTT environment.”
“As the industry transitioned to the cloud, my customers’ requests would continually be ahead of technological capabilities,” said Vinh, who will be based in Hong Kong. “Firstlight Media’s platform has the performance, the scalability and the agility to check every box on the industry’s wish list. It is truly ‘entertainment grade.”
Prior to Firstlight Media, Vinh spent four years with IBM, for which he focused on APAC opportunities for the company’s Watson Media, Intelligent Analytics, and AI & Cognitive Applications units. Previously he had held senior sales and business development positions with NAGRA and SeaChange International. Earlier in his career he was regional director, APAC for Witbe.
Firstlight Media’s Gen5 architecture is designed to build and run scalable applications in the cloud using cloud-native technologies, including containers, microservices, a service mesh, APIs, and immutable infrastructure. The Gen5 technology stack provides significantly better performance, a modular approach for feature expansion, continuous delivery for rapid iteration, and built-in scalability, observability and security.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020