Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales
Vinh, who has spearheaded APAC sales for multiple video and advanced technology providers over the past dozen years, will shape solutions that leverage Firstlight Media’s cloud-native platform for Tier 1 providers.
“For our sales team, we’ve sought technology and market experts who quickly grasp how our Gen5 platform can transform service delivery for the industry,” said Paul Pastor, Chief Business Officer and co-founder of Firstlight Media. “Jim Vinh has a track record of helping customers succeed in the APAC media and entertainment and immediately recognized how we can give our customers a significant advantage in the crowded OTT environment.”
“As the industry transitioned to the cloud, my customers’ requests would continually be ahead of technological capabilities,” said Vinh, who will be based in Hong Kong. “Firstlight Media’s platform has the performance, the scalability and the agility to check every box on the industry’s wish list. It is truly ‘entertainment grade.”
Prior to Firstlight Media, Vinh spent four years with IBM, for which he focused on APAC opportunities for the company’s Watson Media, Intelligent Analytics, and AI & Cognitive Applications units. Previously he had held senior sales and business development positions with NAGRA and SeaChange International. Earlier in his career he was regional director, APAC for Witbe.
Firstlight Media’s Gen5 architecture is designed to build and run scalable applications in the cloud using cloud-native technologies, including containers, microservices, a service mesh, APIs, and immutable infrastructure. The Gen5 technology stack provides significantly better performance, a modular approach for feature expansion, continuous delivery for rapid iteration, and built-in scalability, observability and security.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021