Filming begins on the 22nd series of ‘Midsomer Murders’
A spate of bizarre deaths will occur across middle England as filming begins on a new series of the much-loved ITV detective drama Midsomer Murders.
Neil Dudgeon returns to play DCI John Barnaby for his 10th year in the role, Nick Hendrix is back as DS Jamie Winter and Annette Badland resumes her role as pathologist Dr. Fleur Perkins. Midsomer Murders is made by Bentley Productions, part of all3media international, and is the UK’s top-rated drama export.
Also returning to film the 22nd series is Fiona Dolman as Sarah Barnaby followed closely by Paddy the dog as Barnaby’s faithful canine companion. The guest cast for the first film includes Amanda Abbington (Sherlock), Mark Williams (Father Brown), and Maimie McCoy (Van Der Valk). Further guest casting to be announced.
This series follows Barnaby and Winter as they investigate an urban myth becoming a murderous reality, a post-operative heart rehabilitation club whose members’ dreams of a second chance at life are cut short, a murder mystery weekend, a twisted scarecrow festival, and an amateur dramatics company with deadly secrets.
Executive producer Michele Buck says, “We are very pleased ITV and key partners around the world want us to produce more Midsomer Murders. We will have our signature mix of tantalising mysteries, wonderful guest stars, and stunning locations while also maintaining a safe working environment for all our cast and crew in these current challenging circumstances.”
Neil Dudgeon adds: “Everyone is excited to get back to work. Sadly, there won’t be as much hugging and kissing on set as usual but we’ve all got to make sacrifices! It’s bound to be a bit strange at first with all the safety protocols but hopefully, we can all keep each other safe and shoot another great series.”
Midsomer Murders is commissioned by ITV’s Head of Drama, Polly Hill, and Drama Commissioner, Huw Kennair-Jones with all3media International. Huw Kennair-Jones will oversee the production of the new series of Midsomer Murders on behalf of ITV.
“We are delighted that filming of the new series of Midsomer Murders has commenced with Neil, Nick, Annette and Fiona back where they belong. It’s a hugely successful series for ITV and we’re all really proud of the fact the audience still enjoys its captivating cases, unexpected plot twists, and wonderfully engaging characters.”
Midsomer Murders is produced by Carol Ann Docherty (Waterloo Road, Holby, Murphy’s Law) co-produced by Ian Strachan (Van Der Valk, Agatha Raisin), and executive produced by Michele Buck (Van Der Valk, Agatha Raisin, Endeavour, Parade’s End).
Directing the six feature-length episodes for the upcoming series are Matt Carter, Roberto Bangura, Audrey Cooke, Toby Frow, and Fiona Walton. Writers include; Chris Murray, Jeff Povey, Helen Jenkins, Nick Hicks-Beach, and Julia Gilbert.
Midsomer Murders sells to more than 220 territories worldwide.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 380 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 65 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Passion Distribution announces Producers Programming Brief initiative 35 views | posted on January 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021