The ‘Best TV for Kids’ is a biannual campaign conducted by the NCC and the Media Observation Foundation (MOF) of Taiwan, rating children’s television programmes in five, age-related categories. According to the NCC, classifying programmes by age helps parents decide on whether a programme is suitable for their children to watch and creates a healthy media environment for children.
This year, DreamWorks – the 24-hour, HD channel dedicated to kids and family entertainment – received ‘Best TV for Kids’ accreditations for five of their programmes across three categories:
- Trolls: The Beat Goes On! – suitable for children aged five years old and above
- Spirit Riding Free – suitable for children kids aged seven years old and above
- The Adventures of Puss in Boots – suitable for children aged seven years old and above
- Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia – suitable for children aged 10 years old and above
- Dragons: Race to the Edge – suitable for children aged 10 years old and above
To celebrate the cinema release of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, this January DreamWorks is releasing the dragons to take over the channel in a DRAGONSFEST programming special. Viewers can catch the 78-episode marathon of DreamWorks’ television spin-off Dragons: Race to the Edge, together with Dragon specials including Book of Dragons, Dawn of the Dragon Racers, Gift of the Night Fury, and Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon.
Viewers in Taiwan can catch these award-winning DreamWorks’ titles on their local operators including Chunghwa Telecom MOD, HYA Cable TV, Ta Yang Cable TV, and Taiwan Optical Platform.