SEOUL – Netflix has licensed Life, a new Korean original drama written by Lee Su-yeon and directed by Hong Jong-chan and Lim Hyun-wook. Netflix will release Life in Asia-Pacific markets (excluding Japan) and English speaking regions (excluding US).
The first four episodes premiered on August 4 at 12AM PST. Episodes 5 and 6 will stream on the same day as the Korean broadcast on August 6 and 7 at 9:30AM PST followed by a regular weekly schedule.
All other territories excluding the U.S. and Japan will premiere 2 episodes weekly on every Mondays at 9:30AM PST, while all episodes will be available in the U.S. on September 12.
Life is a new medical K-drama from Lee Su-yeon, writer of Stranger, the series that previously won the Grand Prize in TV at the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards in Korea, and director Hong Jong-chan, who directed Dear My Friends. This new medical drama series tells a story about the people in a hospital who want to protect and save, and also those who want to defend for what they believe is right.
The K-drama features Lee Dong-wook, well known for his lead part in Goblin (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God) as Ye Jin-woo, one of the doctors in the hospital. Jo Seung-woo, who was the lead in the mystery-filled story Stranger, plays Koo Seung-hyo, the CEO of the hospital where everything takes place.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020