GMA increases Philippine TV ratings lead in July
Based on the latest data from Nielsen TV Audience Measurement (with July 22 to 31 based on overnight data), GMA garnered an average total day people audience share of 41.8 percent in the National Urban Television Audience Measurement (NUTAM), beating ABS-CBN’s 36.7 percent. The network’s solid nationwide ratings performance was a result of its continued leadership across all dayparts, including the primetime block.
More GMA shows made it to the list of top programs in NUTAM with the award-winning news magazine program Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (KMJS) keeping its spot as the most watched Kapuso program nationwide.
Following KMJS is the newly-launched Alden Richards-starrer Victor Magtanggol, which immediately became the second most watched GMA show after its highly-anticipated premiere on July 30.
Included as well in the list of most watched programs in July were Magpakailanman, 24 Oras, Lip Sync Battle Philippines, Pepito Manaloto, Kambal, Karibal, Daig Kayo ng Lola Ko, and The Clash.
Completing the list were The Cure, Amazing Earth, Inday Will Always Love You, 24 Oras Weekend, Wowowin, Imbestigador, You’re My Destiny, Tadhana, Sunday Pinasaya, Eat Bulaga, and Contessa.
The Kapuso network also maintained its dominance in the viewer-rich areas of Urban Luzon and Mega Manila, which respectively account for 72 and 59 percent of all urban viewers in the country.
GMA recorded an average total day people audience share of 46.1 percent in Urban Luzon, which toppled ABS-CBN’s 31.3 percent. Kapuso shows took 23 spots out of its top 30 programs list.
Similarly in Mega Manila (with official data from July 1 to 21), the Network ruled competition with an average total day people audience share of 47.2 percent versus ABS-CBN’s 29.5 percent.
Notably, the Kapuso Network took the lion’s share in Mega Manila’s top-rating programs with 25 spots out of the top 30 list belonging to GMA.
Nielsen data is gathered through a greater number of sampled homes nationwide in comparison to Kantar Media. With approximately 900 more homes surveyed in Total Urban and Rural Philippines compared to Kantar, Nielsen data is statistically considered more representative of the total TV population.
In 2018, Nielsen TV Audience Measurement’s client pool covers a total of 34 clients and subscribers consisting of 8 local TV networks including ABS-CBN, TV5, Aksyon TV, CNN Philippines, and Viva Communications, among others; 3 regional clients; 2 blocktimers; and 21 agencies (17 media agencies, 3 consulting agencies, 1 digital agency).
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 320 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020