LONDON – UK broadcaster Channel 5 has ordered a new series from VICE Studios. Building on the success of VICE Studios’ production, Britain’s Cocaine Epidemic, Channel 5 has commissioned a new documentary series, Drug Wars for its flagship channel.
Drug Wars (4×60’) will look at prolific drug use across the UK, offering revealing and strong actuality-led stories and candid insight from users, as well as their families – along with the medical support and police trying to stem the current flow of drug addiction across the country.
The series will explore a range of different narcotics and the young people dependent on them, from the dangerous street and party drugs to those using drugs to obtain the ‘perfect’ body, and those who enhance their sexual freedom with narcotics.
Announcing the commission, VICE Studios’ Creative Director and Executive Producer, Yonni Usiskin, said: “We are delighted to be working with Channel 5 again and we’re looking forward to making this new original, entertaining and very distinct series. This latest commission demonstrates VICE Studios’ increasingly diverse slate of content.”
Guy Davies, Channel 5’s Commissioning Editor for Factual, said: “VICE Studios has a unique storytelling voice which appeals to younger audiences. With cutting edge journalism and unrivalled access we are really pleased to be working with them once again.”
Drug Wars is executive produced by Yonni Usiskin for VICE Studios.
This latest commission follow the success of VICE Studios’ debut commission for Channel 5, Britain’s Cocaine Epidemic. The three-part series traced the UK’s growing obsession with cocaine, offering insight into the users, dealers and addicts for whom it is an everyday drug. The series launched with a debut overnight audience of almost 1 million viewers in the 10pm slot, and was a big hit with 16-34 year old viewers.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020