TAIPEI, TAIWAN – Japanese actors, Yuko Takeuchi and Yukiyoshi Ozawa, from HBO Asia’s first Japanese Original drama series, MISS SHERLOCK, were in Taiwan today to promote the series. They will also be attending the red-carpet gala premiere of the series with a preview screening of the first episode, later this evening at Huashan Spot. MISS SHERLOCK premieres globally on HBO late April. New episodes will debut at the same time every Friday. The series will also be streaming on HBO GO and will be available on HBO On Demand.
Non-subscribers and subscribers of HBO across Asia will be able to catch the first episode of MISS SHERLOCK for free and without any registration required, on HBO Asia’s online streaming app HBO GO and HBO Asia’s MISS SHERLOCK micrositefrom April 28 to May 11 with English and local language subtitles.
This eight-part, hour-long HBO Asia Original Japanese drama series, a co-production with Hulu in Japan, is a bold interpretation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, re-envisioned in Japanese and set in modern day Tokyo with the iconic characters – Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, played by women.MISS SHERLOCK stars Yuko Takeuchi (Dog in a Sidecar, Flashforward) as Sherlock, an investigation consultant for the local police, while her crime-solving partner, Dr. Wato Tachibana, is played by Shihori Kanjiya (Chiritotechin, Kuchizuke). Yukiyoshi Ozawa (The Forest, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders) plays Kento Futaba, Sherlock’s older brother and the Executive Secretary to the Prime Minister.
Other cast regulars in MISS SHERLOCK include Kenichi Takito (Rhythm and Police, Hanzawa Naoki) who plays crafty Inspector Reimon who tries to leverageSherlock’s talents to advance his own career; Tomoya Nakamura (Spinning Kite, The Never-Setting Sun) plays Sergeant Shibata, a conservative male chauvinist who works under Inspector Reimon; Ryohei Otani (Gunman in Joseon, We Married As Job) plays Dr. Wato Tachibana’s potential love interest; and Ran Ito (Garden of the Wind, Doctors: The Ultimate Surgeon) plays Sherlock’s widowed landlord, Kimie Hatano.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020