China, CCBN – Irdeto has announced the successful integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM Hardware Profile with MStar Semiconductor, Inc.’s trusted execution environment (TEE) hardware for its chipsets equipped with the capability of Side Channel Resistance (SCR). This integration will give operators in China and content owners more control and confidence to launch premium content services, especially Hollywood studio early release and 4K/UHD content, and is the first hardware-protected ecosystem for China DRM in the industry. For this type of premium content, TEE integration with SCR is a mandatory requirement.
China’s appetite for premium content on smart TVs – either TV sets or set-top boxes with integrated internet features – is growing fast and it’s anticipated that the domestic market should continue to post healthy growth in the coming years. According to IHS, more than half of the TVs shipped globally in Q1 2016 were smart TVs, and this acceleration was led by China where four out of five TV sets had smart functionality.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020