Turner and Warner Bros. announce new streaming service
Time Warner’s Turner and Warner Bros. announced they have partnered on a new standalone domestic premium video subscription service – Boomerang – that will launch in the Spring. This will be the first time the two companies have offered the massive Hanna-Barbera, Looney Tunes and MGM animation library of over 5,000 titles on a streaming platform. Boomerang will provide audiences instant and exclusive access to both brand-new original series and timeless franchises like Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, The Jetsons and The Flintstones among many others.
Launching with a vast number of episodes, new content will be added weekly for kids, families and animation lovers of all ages to enjoy. Boomerang will be the exclusive home to a slate of new, original series, including Warner Bros. Animation’s Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, an uplifting comedic fantasy series that transports audiences to the magical land of Oz and follows the ruby slipper adventures of its brave and feisty princess protagonist; and Wacky Races, a full-engine overhaul of the Hanna-Barbera classic series that takes viewers on a ride filled with zany slapstick comedy, high-octane thrills and exotic locales around the world. Additionally, Boomerang will be the only place to catch new episodes of three fan-favorite series, Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020