Singapore– Nominations for the 20th Asian Television Awards (ATA) were announced today. 257 nominees across 40 categories, from 13 countries in the region made their way to this year’s awards. The results were tabulated and audited by international auditing firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Leading the pack, with multiple nominations across several categories are Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, Fox International Channels, and MediaCorp. August Pictures has garnered 8 nominations for this year and this is the highest number of nominations from any single production house in the region. HBO Asia’s Grace, the four-part horror mini-series, is the only single programme that has received a total of 8 nominations.
“We’ve seen tremendous interest for our awards over the years. Not only have the number of entries increased, we’re also seeing greater participation from more Asian broadcasters and production companies, making this awards truly representative of Asia,” said Raymond Wong, Chairman of ATA.
The winners will be announced at the awards gala ceremonies on 2 and 3 December, slated to take place at the state-of-the-art auditorium at Suntec City, Singapore.
In addition, ATA will be presenting the achievement award to Mr. Liu Changle, Chairman and CEO of Phoenix Satellite Television, to honour and celebrate his remarkable contributions to the broadcast and television industry.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 31 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 26 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020