Singapore– The grand trophy at the Asian Television Awards has a huge tag to its reputation and this year is no exception. The Asian Television Awards 2015 committee has unanimously selected Changle Liu, Chairman and CEO of Phoenix Satellite Television Co. to be awarded the Outstanding Contribution Award.
This Award honours a senior industry professional whose contribution to Asian television has significantly influenced the development and setting trends at the forefront of the industry. Liu founded Phoenix Satellite Television Company Limited in 1996 in Hong Kong, which now has six Satellite TV Channels, spanning across 180 countries and regions via AsiaSat 3, Eurobird, Telstar, Satmex DIRECTV and EchoStar. Its participation in multimedia business sectors includes new media, radio broadcasting, publishing and weekly magazine, garners Phoenix a transnational entity.
Highly appraised by his peers, Liu graduated from the Beijing Broadcasting Institute in the 1980s and worked for the China Central Radio Station in succession as journalist, editor, commentator and director of the Military Editorial Room. He has been the recipient to numerous awards such as the International Emmy Directorate Award, Wiseman of the Media Industry, Media Elite, Man of Year for Asia Brand Innovation Award and DHL-South China Morning Post Award for Hong Kong business Achievement just to name a few.
Liu is a member of the International Board of the U.S. National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, and a substantial shareholder of Asia Television Limited in Hong Kong. He was also awarded a medal by National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in recognition of Phoenix Satellite TV’s outstanding achievement for which it sponsored and hosted the International Academy Day in Beijing 2006.
He divides his time as a visiting professor at the Beijing Broadcasting Institute, Communication University of China, Nankai University, Fudan University, Xiamen University and Sun Yat-Sen University.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020