Singapore – AXN’s highly anticipated Asia’s Got Talent premiere collectively topped ratings among English Pay TV channels in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. During the show’s two hour debut on 12 March at 8.05pm, AXN delivered more than 10 times the ratings of the next English general entertainment channel across Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines. In Taiwan, Asia’s Got Talent premiered on 13 March at 9pm and was the top programme of the day amongst the international general entertainment channels.
Billed as the biggest talent competition in the world, Asia’s Got Talent features some of the region’s most breathtaking, jaw-dropping and mind-blowing performing artistes competing for the coveted winning title. The premiere episode was a kaleidoscope of quirky characters and stunning talent, with many acts winning the hearts of viewers across the region.
In Malaysia, Asia’s Got Talent was the #1 rated show in its timeslot across all English channels on Astro. AXN dominated the timeslot with over 80 percent share across all English general entertainment channels.
In the Philippines, Asia’s Got Talent was the top AXN programme year to date. During its telecast, AXN ranked #1 with more than 80 percent share amongst all English general entertainment channels, and ranked #2 amongst all Pay TV channels.
In Singapore, Asia’s Got Talent led the ratings chart in its timeslot for English Pay TV channels and AXN was also the top English channel for the night on StarHub.
Asia’s Got Talent eclipsed the competition in Taiwan during the premiere with a 79 percent share among the international general entertainment channels, and was the top rated program of the day in this set.
Hui Keng Ang, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Sony Pictures Television Networks, Asia said, “Asia’s Got Talent is off to a thrilling start on AXN as we bring together millions of viewers to celebrate the diversity of talent and dreams of contestants from over 15 territories in Asia. The response to the premiere is truly incredible and after the success of both The Amazing Race Asia and The Apprentice Asia, AXN continues its mission to create high quality and engaging content.”
Driven by the strong performance of programmes such as Asia’s Got Talent, AXN has maintained its top English general entertainment channel position in 2015 year-to-date. Collectively across the three Southeast Asian countries, AXN enjoyed a 30 percent share amongst 19 English general entertainment channels during prime time.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 379 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 65 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Passion Distribution announces Producers Programming Brief initiative 35 views | posted on January 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021