Singapore – AXN’s highly anticipated Asia’s Got Talent premiere collectively topped ratings among English Pay TV channels in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. During the show’s two hour debut on 12 March at 8.05pm, AXN delivered more than 10 times the ratings of the next English general entertainment channel across Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines. In Taiwan, Asia’s Got Talent premiered on 13 March at 9pm and was the top programme of the day amongst the international general entertainment channels.
Billed as the biggest talent competition in the world, Asia’s Got Talent features some of the region’s most breathtaking, jaw-dropping and mind-blowing performing artistes competing for the coveted winning title. The premiere episode was a kaleidoscope of quirky characters and stunning talent, with many acts winning the hearts of viewers across the region.
In Malaysia, Asia’s Got Talent was the #1 rated show in its timeslot across all English channels on Astro. AXN dominated the timeslot with over 80 percent share across all English general entertainment channels.
In the Philippines, Asia’s Got Talent was the top AXN programme year to date. During its telecast, AXN ranked #1 with more than 80 percent share amongst all English general entertainment channels, and ranked #2 amongst all Pay TV channels.
In Singapore, Asia’s Got Talent led the ratings chart in its timeslot for English Pay TV channels and AXN was also the top English channel for the night on StarHub.
Asia’s Got Talent eclipsed the competition in Taiwan during the premiere with a 79 percent share among the international general entertainment channels, and was the top rated program of the day in this set.
Hui Keng Ang, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Sony Pictures Television Networks, Asia said, “Asia’s Got Talent is off to a thrilling start on AXN as we bring together millions of viewers to celebrate the diversity of talent and dreams of contestants from over 15 territories in Asia. The response to the premiere is truly incredible and after the success of both The Amazing Race Asia and The Apprentice Asia, AXN continues its mission to create high quality and engaging content.”
Driven by the strong performance of programmes such as Asia’s Got Talent, AXN has maintained its top English general entertainment channel position in 2015 year-to-date. Collectively across the three Southeast Asian countries, AXN enjoyed a 30 percent share amongst 19 English general entertainment channels during prime time.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 342 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 92 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020