Sydney – Fetch TV will be the first Australian pay-TV provider to integrate the Netflix subscription streaming service. Netflix will be available on the Fetch TV 2nd Generation box. From the integrated Netflix app, Fetch TV subscribers will be able to sign up for the Netflix service and easily access and enjoy thousands of hours of popular movies and TV shows including Netflix originals Bloodline, Grace & Frankie and Marco Polo, and Disney films such as Frozen and Maleficent.
“Working with our ISP partners, iiNet, Optus and Dodo, Fetch TV has established itself as a disruptive force in the Australian entertainment market,’’ Fetch TV CEO Scott Lorson said. “We have done this by offering a differentiated and compelling entertainment experience, at a very attractive price point.’’
Fetch TV provides a 1 TB Personal Video Recorder with 3 digital tuners, a video store in the home with around 4,000 movies, and access to up to 38 subscription channels from major providers. The service is delivered over a broadband connection to the TV via a Fetch TV box.
“As we surveyed the Australian market, Netflix was impressed by the Fetch TV service, unique business model, and the committed coalition of Telco partners,” said Bill Holmes, head of business development at Netflix. “By partnering with Fetch TV, we are making it easy for TV fans and movie lovers to watch Netflix on their televisions.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 43 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020