“Find the WASABI! –NORIKA’s Hunters–” to launch in 2015
Find the WASABI! –NORIKA’s Hunters–
Tokyo – Tokyo Broadcasting Systems (TBS) Television will be airing Find the WASABI! –NORIKA’s Hunters– from January 2015 (11 episodes). This series is the 2nd edition of the original Find the WASABI! series, which was a co-production with Singapore’s MediaCorp, and premiered on 7 January in Japan and on 18 February in Singapore. The current series is a co-production with Malaysia’s Primeworks Studios, with partner producers in Singapore (MediaCorp) and Thailand (GMM Channel).
Find the WASABI! –NORIKA’s Hunters– is an innovative, new-genre ‘reality-game travelogue’ series featuring three Asian celebrities who are on a special mission to find the “secret spice” of Japan, and live together in a share house in downtown Tokyo. In each episode, the Hunters are challenged by a powerful “Commander” to solve “mysteries” about Japan that puzzle people around the world: “Why are Japanese people always on time?” “Do NINJA really exist?” “Is Japan as high-tech as they say?” Is it true that Japanese people are nice?”
Throughout the series, symbol of Japanese beauty Norika Fujiwara wields her power as Wasabi Commander, issuing arduous mission orders to the three heart-throb, “knock-out” hunters, Adrian Tan (Malaysia), Golf Pichaya (Thailand) and Jeffrey Xu (Singapore).
Tan (Malaysia, 26), is an actor-singer, who just won the top spot as the most popular male artiste at the 2014 GOLDEN AWARDS, a nationwide local entertainment awards show.
Pichaya (Thailand, 27), also a popular actor-singer in Thailand, has fans in Japan from his single release with Tomohisa Yamashita which hit the top spot on Japan’s Oricon chart.
Xu (Singapore, 26), a popular actor and host of TV shows, is the 2013 Asian Television Award winner for Best Supporting Actor. He received his actor training in Shanghai, is an athlete, and excels at singing, dancing and guitar playing.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 33 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020