Hong Kong – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) announced on July 24 that it has secured first and exclusive content deals with two global combat-sports promotions for KIX. The deals are with IMG Media for World Series of Fighting (WSOF), the fastest-growing mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion in the world, and Total Sports Asia for Glory World Series (GWS), the premier international kickboxing league.
“KIX is the pay TV ‘Home of Combat’ in Asia and we are excited to add two amazing global promotions to our roster of top combat sports events from around the world. We promise our audience action and you can’t get more action than with World Series of Fighting and Glory World Series,” said Betty Tsui, Vice President, Programming – KIX and Thrill, Celestial Tiger Entertainment.
KIX will air exclusive first-in-Asia runs of World Series of Fighting featuring epic match-ups between elite fighters from around the globe. Star fighters for WSOF include Lightweight Champion Justin Gaethje, world-class Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Rousimar Palhares, the world’s no. 1 Strawweight Champion Jessica Aguilar, and top middleweight Yushin Okami. World Series of Fighting will start airing July 29 at 10pm (HK/SG/PHIL) 9pm (JKT/BKK).
KIX will also be the exclusive pan-regional broadcaster of Glory World Series. GWS is the world’s premier kickboxing league and maintains six different weight classes. GWS fights can be single matches between two fighters (known as ‘superfights’) or as part of tournaments. Having acquired rival kickboxing promotion It’s Showtime, GWS brings all the best kickboxers in the world under one promotion. Key GWS fighters include World Grand Prix Champion Mirko Cro Cop, 95kg World Champion Tyrone Spong and Heavyweight Champion Gokhan Saki. Glory World Series premieres on KIX starting August 19 at 10pm (HK/PHIL) 9pm(JKT/BKK).
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 48 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020