Luxembourg – SES announced on March 18 that it has increased its reach in 2013 worldwide to 291 million and in Europe to 151 million TV homes. This represents an increase of 5 percent both worldwide and in Europe, compared to the previous year, strongly driven by the development in Africa, Middle East and, especially, India (+18 percent) and in Asia-Pacific (+7 percent). The household reach in Latin America grew by 5 percent, in North America by 3 percent. These are the results of SES’ annual market research, including the detailed Satellite Monitor studies in Europe.
The direct reach from the SES fleet to satellite homes grew from 99 million in 2012 to 106 million satellite TV homes in 2013. The indirect reach through the feed of cable networks from SES satellites grew slightly, from 152 to 153 million homes; the number of IPTV homes fed from SES satellites increased by 27 percent to 31 million. The strongest relative growth of the direct reach came from the Asia-Pacific region (+21 percent) and Africa, Middle East and India (+18 percent). These figures confirm satellite’s continuous increase in reach and its leading role as a broadcasting infrastructure in general and as digital and High Definition (HD) broadcasting infrastructure in particular.
The SES Satellite Monitor results also emphasise again the role of SES in Europe. SES satellites service almost all cable and IPTV homes in Europe (95 percent) and a large majority of the European satellite HD homes (81 percent). The largest single DTH market for SES in Europe remains Germany, with 18 million ASTRA homes receiving their TV signal directly from the SES fleet. SES transmits more than 6,200 TV channels, 1,800 of them in HD.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 102 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020