CASBAA’s OTT Summit presents overview of medium
Hong Kong – CASBAA, the Asia Pacific association for the broadcasting and related industries, held its inaugural CASBAA OTT Summit 2014: On Top of OTT on March 25 at the Grand Hyatt, Singapore. Focusing on the fast developing over-the-top (OTT) television services market, the event brought together thought leaders from across industries to share their experiences and insights into the evolving world of alternative content delivery, changing content consumption, technology, and revenue streams.
“CASBAA’s first summit dealing solely with the topic of OTT was an unparalleled success,” said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. “With nearly 160 delegates, speakers and media in attendance, we have received positive feedback from our attendees about this very important extension of the broadcasting industry.”
During the opening Asia Pacific market review session, Kerry Brown, VP, Southeast Asia, comScore revealed some impressive regional numbers for online audiences. Having first clarified that online traffic and online video audiences are virtually synonymous terms nowadays; Brown’s data indicated that Asia Pacific now accounts for 41% of all global online audiences, with China accounting for nearly 60% of all online traffic in the region. Another interesting fact that came out of the comScore research was that over 75% of online audiences in India and Southeast Asia were below the age of 35 – something to keep in mind when building an online strategy, she mentioned.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021