Dentsu wins broadcast rights in Asia for upcoming Olympics
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced it that has reached an agreement with Dentsu Inc. for the Olympic broadcast rights in 17 countries across Asia for the XXII Olympic Winter Games (2014) in Sochi, Russia, the Games of the XXXI Olympiad (2016) in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, and the 2nd Summer Youth Olympic Games (2014) in Nanjing, China.
Dentsu has acquired exclusive gatekeeper broadcaster rights for the three editions of the Games in Afghanistan; Brunei; Cambodia; Chinese Taipei; East Timor; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Iran; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Singapore; Thailand and Vietnam. Dentsu will now seek broadcast partners on all platforms within the 17 territories, with an obligation to the IOC to ensure that the largest possible audience has access to broadcast of the Olympic Games. Earlier this month, the IOC awarded Dentsu the broadcast rights in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
IOC President Jacques Rogge said, “An organisation with a long-standing commitment to the Olympic Movement, Dentsu has a proven track record in broadcast rights sales in Asia; and the agreement ensures comprehensive coverage of the 2014 and 2016 Olympic Games, as well as the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, across Asia.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020