Singapore – “Online video channels have become the new DVR,” said Mr Benjamin Grubbs, YouTube’s APAC Head of Partner Marketing, in discussing how Sony Entertainment Television of Sony Pictures Television in India uploads full episodes of its dramas online, as fast as 30 minutes after the linear broadcast. He added that in countries such as Singapore, Japan and Korea, close to 50% of content is being consumed on-the-go, and that this means that producers have to be in more than one place at once.
Grubbs also noted that genres that have a “ready audience” are dance, education, beauty, technology, fitness and D-I-Y.
Adding to this conversation were representatives from Media Prima Berhad, Irdeto, Grass Valley, Ooyala and BesTV. Ooyala CEO Jay Fulcher stressed the importance of convergence across video, social and mobile platforms, and BesTV’s Ian Chin added that traditional broadcasters have to go online to bring viewers back to the big screen.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 32 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020