MIPTV: BBC Worldwide and CCTV9 unveil “Hidden Kingdoms” in a new co-pro
BBC Worldwide has announced its latest co-production agreement with China’s CCTV9 at MIPTV on Hidden Kingdoms, the forthcoming series from the BBC’s Natural History Unit. The Chinese state broadcaster’s documentary channel inked its first ever co-production deals with BBC Worldwide last year on science series Wonders of Life and Generation Earth, and later on natural history title Africa.
Hidden Kingdoms is the untold story of the natural world’s most fascinating diminutive characters, looking at the challenges faced by the natural world’s mini-heroes.
Paul Dempsey, President, Global Markets, BBC Worldwide said, “We’re really excited about this groundbreaking new series from the NHU, and pleased to be working with CCTV9 once again. The support of CCTV9 on Hidden Kingdoms guarantees it a huge audience in China, and helps the NHU to create a memorable series that will resonate with viewers all around the world.”
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 77 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 59 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 50 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020