New Delhi, India – India’s Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has released an order which forced Fashion TV (India) to cease all television broadcast for ten days. The order was released after telecasts of programmes – which include Chantellie Lingerie, Paris and Designers in high definition, were reported for crimes of indecency; obscenity and vulgar exposure; as well as, unsuitability for children and public exhibition.
As a result of the order, Fashion TV has shut down all transmissions of its programmes – beginning at midnight on March 31, and will only be permitted to resume broadcast on April 11. The channel was previously banned for 60 days in 2007 by the government for the same offense.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020