BBC pay-TV channels launch in Burma for the first time
Singapore – The BBC and BBC Worldwide has announced the inaugural launch of three of its pay-TV channels in Burma – BBC World News, BBC Entertainment and CBeebies. All three channels including BBC World Service in Asia in English will launch on private broadcaster Forever Group’s pay-TV platform, on January 1, 2013.
BBC World News is the BBC’s commercially-funded international 24/7 news and information channel. BBC Entertainment shows light British entertainment, drama and comedy while CBeebies is a channel for pre-school children. The launch of these channels and the BBC World Service global English radio will see this programming potentially reach around 250,000 homes in Burma.
“For many years, the BBC has delivered accurate, impartial international radio services to the Burmese people, serving as a vital lifeline service to Aung San Suu Kyi and those across the country. I’m so pleased that the BBC is now able to take the next step forward with the country to offer that same impartial news via television as well. It is a great sign of progress for Burma and I’m honoured for the BBC to play a role in opening the country up to the world,” said Peter Horrocks, Director of Global News.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020