TV remains dominant platform in video content consumption
About 98 percent of the average five hours of daily viewing of videos in the United States are still being watched on traditional TV sets, according to the recently released Nielsen Cross-Platform Report. This means that while people are shifting to new technologies and devices that make it easier for them to watch the video they want, whenever and wherever they want, the fact remains that they are not “turning off” their TVs.
TV screen remains the dominant platform on which to consume video content, but the means by which the content is delivered appear to be shifting. Traditional—live and timeshifted—TV viewing remains the primary role of the TV, accounting for more than 33 hours per week despite a decline one half of one percent in time spent compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
Consoles have become a secondary gateway to TV content, and can now be found in 45 percent of TV homes. The integration of Netflix and other streaming apps, Blu-ray players, social gaming and point of purchase into game consoles are adding up and contributing to the growth of content consumption. According to Nielsen’s report, households without children are leading the way in new game console adoption, demonstrating that game consoles are appealing to a range of audiences for a variety of purposes.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020