Singapore – MediaCorp today provided a sneak peek at the final architectural plans for its facilities at the upcoming Mediapolis. Designed as a gateway, the new complex aims to not only be a state-of-the-art broadcasting centre, but also an entertainment facility for the public. Tan Ming Kian, Chairman of MediaCorp, said at the ground breaking ceremony, that although building the new campus is “a heavy investment”, it is a worthy one for it allows the terrestrial network to create greater value both as a national broadcaster and as a commercial operator. Tan also revealed other plans in the works. He said MediaCorp will be launching its Over-The-Top OTT service commercially next year, describing this move as the broadcaster’s “first attempt to get into the Pay-TV space”. He added that a beta trial will be conducted later this month.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 184 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020