CNBC’s Martin Soong, sixth win at Asian Television Awards
CNBC received six nominations and took home the award for Best News Anchor at the 15th Asian Television Awards (ATA) held at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Singapore: Martin Soong won the Best News Anchor award for Squawk Box (Asia) – the only 6 time winner in its history. “I am proud and delighted that CNBC and Martin have been recognized in this incredible competitive category. For the fourth year in a row, Martin has walked away with this prestigious award, which speaks volumes about his excellence in delivering world-class programming, year after year,” said John Casey, Vice President, International News and Programming, CNBC in Asia Pacific and EMEA. “Martin is part of a multi-award winning team of outstanding journalists and technicians, who strive to deliver the very best for our viewers, every single day.” With over 20 years of industry experience, Martin Soong is one of Asia’s best-known business television journalists. He was one of the pioneers that launched Asia Business News in 1993 (prior to the channel’s merger with CNBC in 1997). During his long and distinguished tenure with the network, Martin has anchored almost all of CNBC’s flagship business shows. He is currently the co-anchor on CNBC’s trademark morning program Squawk Box (Asia), which focuses on what viewers need to know after the markets close in the U.S. and before the markets open in Asia. This is the fourth consecutive year that Soong has received the Best News Anchor Award at the ATA’s. He also received the award in 2007, 2008 and 2009. The other CNBC nominations included: Bernard Lo (Best News Anchor), Karen Tso (Best News Anchor), Christine Tan (Best Current Affairs Presenter), Squawk Box Asia (Best News Programme), The Call (Best News Programme).
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 68 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 59 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 49 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020