WeWatch acquires 1,000 hours of content from Mediacorp
WeWatch, a Singapore-based OTT service company, acquires 1,000 hours of content including dramas, movies, and lifestyle programs from Mediacorp. Under the current plan, Cambodia will be the first country to enjoy access, followed by Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries in the future rollout.
Enabled by a leading OTT platform and WeWatch’s local operations in these countries, the content will be distributed directly over WeWatch Super Box and WeWatch Everywhere APP as brand linear and VOD channels, as well as indirectly through local telecom and media players.
In Cambodia, WeWatch will also translate the content into Khmer, the local Cambodian language, to better serve the viewers. “We share a similar vision with Mediacorp to bring quality content to the region. We are committed to providing localized services and have invested plenty of efforts to translate and embed local languages in our licensed contents.” Said Ms. Sarah Wang, CEO of WeWatch Pte Ltd.
Jesslyn Wong, Head of Content Distribution, Mediacorp said, “We are glad to partner with WeWatch in its inaugural launch in Cambodia where we can further extend the reach of our content. With 1,000 hours of content to be made available, more South-East Asian viewers will be able to enjoy a wide variety of Mediacorp content, starting with WeWatch’s subscribers in Cambodia.”
In celebration, WeWatch is now offering a free 2-week trial of its App “WeWatch-Everywhere”. To enjoy WeWatch on big screen TVs and across cellphone and tablet devices, please visit the WeWatch website and Facebook page.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020