Viu, PCCW’s leading pan-regional OTT video streaming service, announced Viu Shorts! Thailand, an initiative that creates opportunities for talented youth in the country to learn about professional OTT media production.
Partnering with the School of Digital Media & Cinematic Arts (BUDC) and the Master of Communication Arts in Digital Marketing Communications (DiMC), School of Communication Arts, Bangkok University, Viu Shorts! will nurture a new generation of filmmakers and entertainment industry professionals. The program targets first to fourth-year students with a series of workshops covering professional media production, including online series and short films. PCCW’s Viu Original production team members will also serve as mentors for the participating students as they work together to create four short films featuring lead Thai actors and actresses. Participants from four teams will gain hands-on experience creating Viu Shorts! while at the same time working with talented actors and actresses.
The program offers an unprecedented opportunity for participants to showcase their creativity to Viu’s large and growing international audience. Viu is No.1 in terms of the number of users and ranked second in both paid subscribers and streaming minutes amongst major video streaming platforms in Southeast Asia, according to the latest Media Partners Asia (MPA) AMPD report*. The final four short films will air in June on Viu across all 16 markets, reaching 45 million MAU (monthly active users) and 5.3 million paid subscribers**.
First launched in Indonesia in 2018, Viu Shorts! is now a pan-regional initiative designed to equip students with knowledge and experience in producing series for the OTT platform, which has grown steadily both in Thailand and abroad.
To learn more about Viu Shorts!, visit www.viu.com or download Viu Android app from Google Play or Viu iOS app from the Apple Store.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020