Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform
“Dreams can become reality,” says Midoriya Izuku, the lead character of popular anime series My Hero Academia. Indeed, the dreams of anime lovers have come true as they can now catch My Hero Academia and other Japanese animation titles for free on meWATCH!
In partnership with regional content distributor Medialink Group, Mediacorp will progressively release more than 40 titles comprising 800 episodes from Medialink Group’s Ani-One anime library on meWATCH.
Anime fans can look forward to the premiere of To Your Eternity, an epic fantasy saga of an immortal hero’s quest to understand what it is like to live on earth. This highly anticipated series will be available on meWATCH on 13 April, just a day after its release in Japan. Fans can also be right in the heart of the action with same-day episodic releases for the much-raved about Burning Kabaddi and season 5 of My Hero Academia. There is something for everyone, with titles across anime genres, from the supernatural series JUJUTSU KAISEN, to sci-fi comedy Dr. STONE and the dark fantasy series OVERLORD.
All anime titles will be in their original Japanese audio and fully captioned with English and Chinese subtitles.
Mr Anil Nihalani, Head of Digital Products and Technology, Mediacorp, said: “Anime has seen a steady rise in popularity around the world, and there is a captive audience base here in Singapore. Mediacorp is thrilled to bring these popular titles from the Medialink Group to meWATCH as part of our continuous efforts to enhance our content offerings. We hope the fans are as excited as we are, and those who are not fans yet will get a chance to explore a new genre.”
Ms Lovinia Chiu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Medialink Group, said: “We are delighted to establish the partnership with Mediacorp for launching Ani-One on meWATCH in Singapore. As the market leader of Japanese animation distribution in Asia, we can see the potential and demand of animation in Singapore. This collaboration is a powerful combination, and it represents a big step ahead for both parties to deliver outstanding animation content to audience in Singapore. We look forward to the success in this rapidly growing segment of entertainment with Mediacorp.”
The anime titles will further expand meWATCH’s collection of content from its existing collaborations with beIN SPORTS, HBO GO, ShemarooMe and Simply South.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 167 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021