Nippon TV’s Anime Department secures key sales with Crunchyroll, Medialink, and Aniplus for worldwide distribution of ‘Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy-‘
Having recently announced the ratings champion position in Japan for ten consecutive years, Nippon TV, Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced the company has secured key sales for TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- (30min episodes), the first international anime series to be produced by the recently inaugurated Anime Department. With Nippon TV serving as a distributor with all international rights, the company has secured sales with Crunchyroll for worldwide distribution excluding Asia, along with TV stations and platforms throughout Asia through the Ani-one platform by Medialink and on the TV station ANIPLUS TV and platform aniplus.tv by Aniplus, shortly after its broadcast in Japan. Together, these platforms account for over 200 countries and territories combined.
“Launching in just October 2020, the impact that our new anime department and its first international project TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- has made to the anime industry has far exceeded our expectations. We are so proud to be able to show the series to so many viewers around the globe, so soon after its broadcast in Japan,” commented Kako Kuwahara, Executive Vice President, Anime Department, Nippon TV. “We are honoured to be a part of one of Japan’s strongest genres, and the wonderful reception we have received has given us more confidence, as well as a heightened mission to continuously strengthen our anime production. We look forward to creating new worldwide hits, enhance our global distribution of these series and, ultimately, reach as many anime fans as possible, for many generations.”
In addition to securing the international distribution rights to this award-winning series, Nippon TV was able to cast Japan’s top voice actors with credits including the highest grossing box office / record-breaking series and film Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, and the award-winning long running series My Hero Academia.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 66 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021