Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards
Ochre Pictures’ Last Madame has scored another feather in the cap at the 25th Asian Television Awards (ATA), bagging the awards for Best Digital Fiction Series. Actresses Joanne Peh and Lina Ng also won the awards for Best Leading Female Performance (Digital) and Best Actress in a Supporting Role, respectively, for their roles in the series.
These awards were among the 11 nominations garnered by the period drama across the creative, technical, and performance categories, making it one of the two most-nominated scripted series at the ATA this year. It was the highest-rated series in Singapore during its run on Mediacorp Toggle (now renamed meWATCH) in September 2019.
The series was written, produced, and directed by an all-Singaporean team. Helmed by Joanne Peh in the lead role, the cast included top model Fiona Fussi, Taiwanese actor Jeff Chou, local veterans Lina Ng and Brandon Wong, and Malaysian actress Amanda Ang.
Sapna Angural, Head, English Audience, Mediacorp said, “Kudos and congratulations to everyone involved in bringing Last Madame to life! These awards are a great validation of the labour of love and ingenuity that went into pushing the boundaries of creative excellence and storytelling for this drama series. We look forward to working with Ochre Pictures to create more content that will introduce our uniquely Singaporean perspectives and stories to audiences, both at home and across the world.”
Showrunner and Creative Director of the series Jean Yeo, who also directed the series, expressed her heartfelt gratitude to those who worked on the project. “On behalf of the cast and production team, we would like to thank the esteemed international jury of the Asian Television Awards for the recognition of our hard work across the series, from the storytelling to the performances. We are extremely heartened by the affirmation we have received for Last Madame, and we look forward to more collaborations with partners and platforms to bring our content to audiences all across the world.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 265 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 82 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021