GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines
GMA Network further strengthens its reputation as a digital powerhouse as two of its online platforms – GMA News and GMA Public Affairs – reign as the top news outlets in the Philippines according to Tubular Labs, the leading cross-platform digital video measurement and analytics data solution provider.
Tubular Labs’ June 2020 leaderboard for the News and Politics category showed that GMA News remained as the country’s number one online news video publisher. With 223.7 million views on Facebook and 139.9 million views on YouTube, GMA News is the only Filipino news outlet to make it in the top 20 worldwide for the month.
Contributing a significant amount of views on GMA News’ Facebook and YouTube pages is the livestream of 24 Oras, which is still the most viewed newscast online. Also available for viewing worldwide are Express versions of GMA’s newscasts 24 Oras, Saksi, and Unang Hirit.
In June, GMA News launched an online exclusive show #BetterNormalPH, hosted by veteran journalist Malou Mangahas, which seeks to explore how Filipinos are adjusting to the new normal brought by the pandemic. GMA News’ original video series are likewise going strong — Quarantined with Howie Severino is consistent in guesting the top newsmakers of the week while explanatory journalism effort Need to Know series continues to shed light on the social and political issues that have surfaced amid the pandemic.
With 219 million views on YouTube and 71.2 million on Facebook, the award-winning group of GMA Public Affairs emerged as the second top video publisher in the Philippines under the same category. The Philippines’ leading TV program, Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (KMJS), is among the most viewed public affairs programs online along with Tadhana, Wish Ko, Lang, IWitness, and Imbestigador. A substantial number of views for GMA Public Affairs Facebook and Youtube accounts also came from its online shows including Stand For Truth, Frontliners, Fact or Fake, RTx. Survivors, The Better Normal PH, Juan Love, Quarantours, Sumbungan ng Bayan, and ECQusina.
Consistently bolstering the Network’s digital presence globally is the GMA News and Public Affairs Digital team that handles both accounts.
All these videos and more are being premiered on the GMA News Online website. For more Kapuso content, follow the GMA News and GMA Public Affairs official Facebook page and YouTube channel.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020