David Brindley is to spearhead creativity and origination at Twofour as he takes up the role of Chief Creative Officer, joining the label next year with responsibility for devising and implementing the label’s creative strategy as it enters a new era.
His department’s commissions over the past three years at the BBC include Race Across the World; Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing; Jesy Nelson: Odd One Out; The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan; The Murder of Jill Dando; War on Plastic with Hugh and Anita; Your Home Made Perfect; Travels in Trumpland with Ed Balls and The Rap Game UK.
Prior to the BBC, Brindley was a documentaries commissioner at Channel 4 for three years, and before that was a documentary maker for over a decade, previously working with Twofour when co-series director on the Emmy award-winning Educating Yorkshire, and picking up BAFTA nominations for his producing work on The Fallen and Beautiful Young Minds, both for BBC Two.
Brindley completes the new senior management team at Twofour which was unveiled by CEO of award-winning ITV Studios labels MultiStory Media and Twofour Tim Carter today. Dan Adamson (The Hotel Inspector, Beat the Chef), Group Director of Programmes at Twofour since 2010, is promoted to Managing Director and will work alongside Brindley across the label on strategy. With a brief to help grow the whole of the business, Adamson will focus on ensuring the label’s shows are delivered to the highest standard, as well as building the Nations and Regions with Boomerang and Twofour West reporting into him.
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 41 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 39 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 37 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020