“Flight of the Concords” comedy special debuts exclusively on HBO GO
SINGAPORE – Ten years after the launch of their hit HBO series, musical comedians Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement are returning to the network for an all-new comedy special.
Debuting same time as the US on Sunday, 7 October at 10am exclusively on HBO GO, Flight of the Conchords: Live in London was taped before a live audience at the Eventim Apollo and features the Conchords performing songs from their recent “Flight of the Conchords Sing Flight of the Conchords” Tour.
Bret and Jemaine will play new, never-before-televised songs on the special, as well as some of their classics.
New Zealanders McKenzie and Clement debuted on HBO in 2005 in an edition of the comedy series One-Night Stand, returning to the network in 2007 for the debut season of the series Flight of the Conchords, which followed fictionalised versions of their lives in New York City.
The show was praised by critics and beloved by fans, turning the cult favourites into an international sensation. Flight of the Conchords earned ten Emmy nominations over its two-season run on HBO, while their album “The Distant Future” won Best Comedy Album at the 2008 Grammy Awards.
The Conchords have also enjoyed individual success. Clement’s film credits include the Rio movies, Men in Black 3, What We Do in the Shadows and The BFG, and he has also been seen in a recurring role on HBO’s Divorce. McKenzie was the music supervisor for The Muppets, which won him an Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Man or Muppet” and “Muppets Most Wanted”.
The executive producers of Flight of the Conchords: Live in London are Jemaine Clement, Bret McKenzie, Simon Pizey, Hamish Hamilton, Mike Martinovich; producer, Jim Parsons; directed by Hamish Hamilton.
The special will also be available on HBO on 21 November at 11.50pm, and HBO Signature on 20 and 31 December at 8pm and 10pm respectively.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 11k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020