ProSieben commissions Keshet’s “Masters of Dance”
Originally created by Keshet Broadcasting and Tedy Productions, who produced the show for Keshet 12 in Israel, Masters of Dance takes the booming dance show trend to a brand new level, as four dance masters – established dancers, creators or choreographers whose talent and expertise has earned international acclaim – each take on the challenge of forming a new dance company to compete in a series of head-to-head battles.
Thousands audition, but only six dancers can be selected for each company before they enter the stunning Masters of Dance battle arena. Master vs master, company vs company, style vs style – it is each master’s decisions on music, choreography, costumes and dancers that will determine their company’s success in each battle.
Already a hit in Israel, ProSieben’s adaptation will be produced locally by Tresor, the Munich-and-Cologne-based production company, known for its flair in producing reality, factual entertainment and variety shows, that was acquired by Keshet International early last year.
Slated to premiere at the heart of ProSieben’s prime time schedule later this year, the thrilling high-stakes studio-based competition will be executive produced by Holger Rettler, Tresor’s Director of Non-Scripted Programmes.
The set will be designed by Emmy award-winning production designer Florian Wieder, who created the sets for America’s Got Talent, The MTV Video Music Awards and The Eurovision Song Contest, as well as many others.
Axel Kuehn, Tresor’s Managing Director, said: “There is a real trend of new dance shows being launched globally at the moment, and we believe Masters of Dance is by far the strongest and most outstanding format of all of them. We are thrilled that ProSieben see it the same way. Together, ProSieben, our team at Tresor and the dance masters will create an exciting and visually stunning dance show that is sure to captivate German viewers.”
Daniel Rosemann, ProSieben’s General Manager, added: “Masters of Dance for me is the most exciting dance-format worldwide. It combines big talent with big emotions. I am very happy that ProSieben was able to secure the rights to this show.”
The original Hebrew Masters of Dance series attracted an average audience share 24% higher than the last dance show to air in Israel when it debuted on Keshet 12 last summer.
As a result of this local success and Keshet International taking it to the global market, the format has already generated sales in Norway to public broadcaster NRK; in Vietnam with Purpose Media having acquired two seasons for HCM City Television; in Poland with production company Rochstar and with EndemolShine in Spain.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 48 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020