ProSieben commissions Keshet’s “Masters of Dance”
Originally created by Keshet Broadcasting and Tedy Productions, who produced the show for Keshet 12 in Israel, Masters of Dance takes the booming dance show trend to a brand new level, as four dance masters – established dancers, creators or choreographers whose talent and expertise has earned international acclaim – each take on the challenge of forming a new dance company to compete in a series of head-to-head battles.
Thousands audition, but only six dancers can be selected for each company before they enter the stunning Masters of Dance battle arena. Master vs master, company vs company, style vs style – it is each master’s decisions on music, choreography, costumes and dancers that will determine their company’s success in each battle.
Already a hit in Israel, ProSieben’s adaptation will be produced locally by Tresor, the Munich-and-Cologne-based production company, known for its flair in producing reality, factual entertainment and variety shows, that was acquired by Keshet International early last year.
Slated to premiere at the heart of ProSieben’s prime time schedule later this year, the thrilling high-stakes studio-based competition will be executive produced by Holger Rettler, Tresor’s Director of Non-Scripted Programmes.
The set will be designed by Emmy award-winning production designer Florian Wieder, who created the sets for America’s Got Talent, The MTV Video Music Awards and The Eurovision Song Contest, as well as many others.
Axel Kuehn, Tresor’s Managing Director, said: “There is a real trend of new dance shows being launched globally at the moment, and we believe Masters of Dance is by far the strongest and most outstanding format of all of them. We are thrilled that ProSieben see it the same way. Together, ProSieben, our team at Tresor and the dance masters will create an exciting and visually stunning dance show that is sure to captivate German viewers.”
Daniel Rosemann, ProSieben’s General Manager, added: “Masters of Dance for me is the most exciting dance-format worldwide. It combines big talent with big emotions. I am very happy that ProSieben was able to secure the rights to this show.”
The original Hebrew Masters of Dance series attracted an average audience share 24% higher than the last dance show to air in Israel when it debuted on Keshet 12 last summer.
As a result of this local success and Keshet International taking it to the global market, the format has already generated sales in Norway to public broadcaster NRK; in Vietnam with Purpose Media having acquired two seasons for HCM City Television; in Poland with production company Rochstar and with EndemolShine in Spain.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020