PARIS – Dutch national broadcaster NPO has selected ATEME’s TITAN virtual video processing solution to cover the 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup, live in 4K ultra high definition. ATEME is a leading provider of video delivery solutions for Broadcast, Cable, DTH, IPTV and OT.
Leveraging ATEME’s continuous research and innovation in picture and video quality, NPO workflow can now process both live UHD content at a lower bitrate. The bandwidth efficiency, high video quality, low latency, universality of input/output coverage and processing techniques of ATEME’s TITAN solution offer NPO with the follow benefits:
- Lower OPEX with optimized workflow: TITAN pure software solution simplifies integration thanks to hardware abstraction.
- Flexible and agile architecture: TITAN software maintenance and management enable upgrades and smooth operations.
- Increased viewers’ satisfaction with superior quality service and ultimate new experience at home.
“Nowadays, video technology has matured sufficiently regarding standardizations and specifications. As a public broadcaster, we want to remain at the forefront of innovation and deliver the highest level of service and quality of the newest generation of television experience to viewers at home so they can benefit of an ultimate new experience. Integrating ATEME’s TITAN family will allow us to provide outstanding video quality to our viewers and also lower our operational costs,” said Egon Verharen, NPO R&D Manager.
“We are very proud to support NPO in its development strategy by providing them with our solutions and our expertise. These new services increase and expand our portfolio of 4K Live references and demonstrates the innovative and excellence of our solutions and our ability to quickly deploy high quality TV services live,” said Pim Van Eeten, ATEME Sales Manager EMEA.
NPO, the foundation Nederlandse Publieke Omroep, is a Dutch public broadcasting organization that administers the public broadcasting service in the Netherlands. One of the key objectives of NPO is to conduct independent research on the quality and consumer image of radio, television, and web platforms.
ATEME is a global leader in AV1, HEVC, H.264, MPEG-2 video compression solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT.
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 179 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- Media Prima Berhad experiences rapid digital audience growth using Grabyo 100 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner 72 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- TechStorm to launch inaugural Asian original content time belt in June 42 views | posted on May 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020