SEOUL, KOREA – Asia’s leading content and media company CJ E&M’s weekly drama Prison Playbook, ended its two month journey with an average viewership rate of 11.2% for its final episode and a peak of 13.2% (Nielsen Korea).
Directed by producing director Shin Won Ho, Prison Playbook depicts the life of a baseball star as he tries to adjust to his new life in prison after given a one-year sentence just before he heads off to the U.S. major leagues. The black comedy well received due to its originality, zesty humour, endearing characters and engaging narrative. The first episode started off with an average viewership rate of 4.6%, but quickly generated steady momentum throughout the season, and nearly tripled its ratings by recording 11.2% in the final episode.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 108 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 85 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 53 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 42 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020