SEOUL, KOREA – Asia’s leading content and media company CJ E&M’s weekly drama Prison Playbook, ended its two month journey with an average viewership rate of 11.2% for its final episode and a peak of 13.2% (Nielsen Korea).
Directed by producing director Shin Won Ho, Prison Playbook depicts the life of a baseball star as he tries to adjust to his new life in prison after given a one-year sentence just before he heads off to the U.S. major leagues. The black comedy well received due to its originality, zesty humour, endearing characters and engaging narrative. The first episode started off with an average viewership rate of 4.6%, but quickly generated steady momentum throughout the season, and nearly tripled its ratings by recording 11.2% in the final episode.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 11k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020