Essential Media sells scripted division to FremantleMedia
Essential Media and Entertainment, one of Australia’s leading independent international producers of high quality screen content announces the sale of its scripted division to FremantleMedia for an undisclosed sum. Essential Media’s drama division has been behind internationally acclaimed series such as Rake, Doctor Doctor, The Principal, Jack Irish and upcoming series The Sunshine Kings. The company has been a prolific independent TV producer over the past decade since it was founded and continues to produce high end factual and lifestyle content.
The deal will see Essential’s Australian Head of Scripted and company director Ian Collie depart the business and establish a new scripted content production company called Easy Tiger Productions majority owned by FremantleMedia. Founded in 2006 by Chris Hilton, Sonja Armstrong and Ian Collie, Essential Media produces documentaries, features films, factual series and lifestyle programming. The business also produces scripted television and factual entertainment in Los Angeles and Toronto via its joint ventures Essential Media USA, EQTV and Essential Media Canada.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021