Essential Media sells scripted division to FremantleMedia
Essential Media and Entertainment, one of Australia’s leading independent international producers of high quality screen content announces the sale of its scripted division to FremantleMedia for an undisclosed sum. Essential Media’s drama division has been behind internationally acclaimed series such as Rake, Doctor Doctor, The Principal, Jack Irish and upcoming series The Sunshine Kings. The company has been a prolific independent TV producer over the past decade since it was founded and continues to produce high end factual and lifestyle content.
The deal will see Essential’s Australian Head of Scripted and company director Ian Collie depart the business and establish a new scripted content production company called Easy Tiger Productions majority owned by FremantleMedia. Founded in 2006 by Chris Hilton, Sonja Armstrong and Ian Collie, Essential Media produces documentaries, features films, factual series and lifestyle programming. The business also produces scripted television and factual entertainment in Los Angeles and Toronto via its joint ventures Essential Media USA, EQTV and Essential Media Canada.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020