Turner’s truTV celebrated a key milestone in its evolution, receiving the comedy network’s first-ever Emmy Award nomination for the 69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Pop culture powerhouse Billy on the Street, from creator and star Billy Eichner, received a nomination in the Outstanding Variety Sketch Series category.
“As someone who grew up, for better or worse, watching award shows religiously, I’d be lying to say this doesn’t feel insane and wonderful,” said Eichner. “I’m so grateful and proud of the whole Billy on the Street production team which has worked so incredibly hard on this wild show for five seasons.”
Produced by Funny Or Die, the critically-acclaimed series follows the unfiltered and unapologetic comedian as he hits the streets of New York City to test unsuspecting passersby. In the show’s fifth season, Billy was joined by some of the biggest names in Hollywood, including Aziz Ansari, Jon Hamm, Keegan-Michael Key, Lupita Nyong’o, John Oliver, Seth Rogen, Andy Samberg and Jacob Tremblay. This marks the second Emmy nomination for Billy on the Street, which was previously nominated in 2015 for Outstanding Special Class Short Format Live Action Entertainment Program.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 52 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021