Laren, North Holland – Talpa Holding acquires a 67% stake in SBS Broadcasting from Sanoma and thereby achieves full ownership of TV-stations SBS6, NET5, Veronica and SBS9. SBS Broadcasting will complement Talpa in further developing a new Dutch multimedia company with strong positions in television, radio, print and online. As part of the transaction, Talpa’s stake in the TV guide business Veronica Uitgeverij will be sold to Sanoma. Talpa expects to close the acquisition relatively shortly, pending regulatory approvals and completion of other customary review and approval procedures.
Talpa owner John de Mol considers this acquisition as an important step towards building a new Dutch multimedia company. Achieving full ownership of SBS represents a unique opportunity as one of only two free-to-air commercial TV groups in the Netherlands. Together with Talpa Radio, SBS will become an important pillar of a new multimedia company.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020