FremantleMedia International (FMI) and Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland (MG RTL D), parent company of VOX and Germany’s largest private free-to-air broadcaster, RTL Television, have struck a deal giving FMI international distribution rights to MG RTL D’s extensive library of finished programming, as well as rights future MG RTL D commissions and show formats.
Under the terms of the deal, FMI will become the exclusive global distributor (ex-German language territories) for all Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland’s original programming dating back to 2000. This includes several hundred hours of content from Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland channels, including all seasons of the network’s long-running hit Alarm für Cobra 11 – Die Autobahnpolizei (Alarm for Cobra 11 – The Highway Police).
With 21 seasons and over 300 episodes already aired, the high-octane drama is delivering record ratings to RTL Television and the network has already committed to future series. Also included in the deal is Der Lehrer (The Teacher), which tells the story of a German science and PE teacher who uses unconventional methods to motivate and educate the most problematic students in the school. The German TV award winning drama has also secured further season commissions for the network after delivering great ratings over its last four seasons. FMI will be launching new seasons of Cobra and Der Lehrer at MIPTV in April and along with the rest of the Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland catalogue.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020