Indonesia – The second season of the Indonesian version of The X Factor is celebrating huge success having received over six million public votes through the groundbreaking partnership with Google. The X Factor Indonesia is just the second TV show in the world to use the Google Search voting platform after American Idol, produced by FremantleMedia North America, introduced the Google Search voting platform in 2014.
Audiences across Indonesia tuning into the The X Factor live shows were given the opportunity to vote for their favourite performer directly from Google Search. The introduction of the Google Voting has led to increased interactivity through mobile and tablet devices and has resulted in a steady rise in voting numbers week on week – from an initial 700,000 votes to peaking at just over six million after the most recent show.
Ferry Firdaus, Head of Brand Partnership and New Media, FremantleMedia Indonesia, said, “The Google voting platform has proved to be incredibly popular with viewers of The X Factor. This innovative new voting platform is a landmark first in Indonesia and its introduction enables fans of the show to further connect to the series as well as offering a way to get closer to the action.”
Fabian Dharmawan, Head of Operational Production RCTI, said, “With Google vote we are responding in the fastest ever growing mobile-based interaction. We are pleased to have Google vote in The X Factor Indonesia to cater digital trends to our loyal The X Factor voters.”
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020