Indonesia – The second season of the Indonesian version of The X Factor is celebrating huge success having received over six million public votes through the groundbreaking partnership with Google. The X Factor Indonesia is just the second TV show in the world to use the Google Search voting platform after American Idol, produced by FremantleMedia North America, introduced the Google Search voting platform in 2014.
Audiences across Indonesia tuning into the The X Factor live shows were given the opportunity to vote for their favourite performer directly from Google Search. The introduction of the Google Voting has led to increased interactivity through mobile and tablet devices and has resulted in a steady rise in voting numbers week on week – from an initial 700,000 votes to peaking at just over six million after the most recent show.
Ferry Firdaus, Head of Brand Partnership and New Media, FremantleMedia Indonesia, said, “The Google voting platform has proved to be incredibly popular with viewers of The X Factor. This innovative new voting platform is a landmark first in Indonesia and its introduction enables fans of the show to further connect to the series as well as offering a way to get closer to the action.”
Fabian Dharmawan, Head of Operational Production RCTI, said, “With Google vote we are responding in the fastest ever growing mobile-based interaction. We are pleased to have Google vote in The X Factor Indonesia to cater digital trends to our loyal The X Factor voters.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020