Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group announced the appointment of Georg Ramme as Global Managing Director of the company’s global digital video network, Endemol Beyond. Georg initially started up Endemol Beyond’s first-ever hub in Germany in 2012, which he continues to lead as Managing Director.
The success of the German hub led to the international roll out of Endemol Beyond in November 2013, which Georg has helped to coordinate as Managing Director, International. This has seen Endemol Beyond become the first premium content network (PCN) with local hubs in the U.S., UK, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands and Spain as well as in Asia, Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
In his new role as Global Managing Director Georg will be responsible for defining worldwide strategy for Endemol Beyond, including launching new hubs in markets around the world and further expanding the business as a global producer and distributor of digital video and branded content for owned & operated and managed channels. He will work closely with Endemol Beyond’s local teams around the world, whilst liaising internationally with digital video platforms such as YouTube and Facebook as well as global brands and advertisers.
His promotion follows a period of significant expansion for Endemol Beyond, which this year has entered the world’s top ten MCNs and now generates over 1.8 billion monthly views.
Endemol Shine Group CEO Sophie Turner Laing comments: “Georg has been instrumental in building Endemol Beyond from its early days as a local digital video hub in Germany to the award winning and world leading Premium Content Network that it is today. The digital video space is fundamental to our future as a content creator and Georg’s experience and expertise in this area is world class. I’m thrilled to have him taking on this key global role.”
Georg Ramme comments: “2015 has been Endemol Beyond’s most successful year to date and I’m incredibly excited about working with our teams around the world to build on this. We are already beginning to mirror the success of Endemol Shine Group’s global TV business by creating hit programming and formats that travel across markets and have powerful appeal to global brands and advertisers. Our goal now is to expand into new markets and areas of creativity, whilst continuing to attract and incubate the very best on and off screen talent.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 70 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020