Beyond Distribution is thrilled to announce their new title from Whalley-Abbey Media, Building La Dolce Vita With Debbie Travis. The series follows design icon Debbie Travis as she risks her life savings to buy and transform a 13th century medieval watchtower and farmhouse into an exclusive women’s Tuscan retreat.
The 6 x 30 minute series, commissioned by Canal Vie Canada, is in the final stages of production and will launch internationally with Beyond at MIPCOM.
Inspiring, touching and heart-warming, the series explores the highs and lows of buying and renovating a large property in a foreign country. Debbie is forced to conform to rigid historical protection laws and red-tape committees. She struggles to grasp the language and assimilate to a new culture, as well as wrap her head around what it takes to run a 100-acre farm. While the property slowly transforms, so does Debbie.
Caitlin Meek-O’Connor, Head of Acquisitions at Beyond, commented, “We’re excited to launch Debbie Travis’ brand new series. Debbie is internationally renowned, regarded as the “The master of paint and plaster” by Oprah Winfrey, but in this series we see a new dimension. She wants to convert an ancient Tuscan farmhouse into a beautiful unique retreat where women from all around the world can come to share stories, seek advice from other like-minded women and make new friends. Debbie’s mission is not only to create a world-class property but also a seven-star experience for women. We’re looking forward to launching a series with depth and character as well as the traditional elements of a fantastic DIY renovation show.”
Debbie Travis added, “Creating a new chapter in one’s life is challenging and for me a move to Italy was full of mixed emotions. I was overwhelmed and often fearful, but I discovered a new me and was inspired everyday by the Tuscan life – La Dolce Vita.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 211 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 75 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020