Global OTT TV revenues slated to hit $51b in 2020
Global OTT TV and video revenues covering 64 countries are expected to reach $51.1 billion in 2020, jumping from $4.2 billion in 2010 and an expected $26 billion this year, according to Digital TV Research.
The U.S. will remain the dominant territory, with revenues rising by $16.6 billion between 2010 and 2020 to $19.1 billion.
China’s OTT TV and video revenues will rocket from just $40 million in 2010 to $2.8 billion in 2020, pushing China up to fourth place in the world rankings.
SVoD (subscription video on demand) will become the largest revenue source in 2020, overtaking OTT advertising and adding $14 billion between 2014 and 2020 at 7.6 billion and $21.6 billion, respectively.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 68 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 60 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 51 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 50 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020