Singapore – activeTV’s ABC production of Wacky World Beaters has been nominated in the Category of Children’s Non-Fiction at this year’s Rockie Awards.
The 20 x 24’ series follows the zany antics of Hosts Amberley and Gilly as they set off on a global adventure to find the world’s ultimate wacky sport.
Of the 6 nominated programmes, Wacky World Beaters is the only Australian show in this Category amongst a diverse range of shows representing excellence from across the World.
“We are very proud that Wacky has been nominated for this prestigious Award,” said Executive Producer, Amanda Peppard. “We were thrilled with the instant popularity of the series when it screened on ABC3 last year and now for the show to be recognised by the industry tops it all off.”
The series was an immediate hit when it aired in 2014 on the Australian children’s public digital television multichannel ABC3, achieving a significant 70% increase in average audience, compared to the 2013 timeslot average.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 62 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 59 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 56 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020