Cannes – FremantleMedia’s brand new family friendly game show format Cash or Splash has launched in Cannes with two international versions of the show already under its belt: the first to Paraguay’s Telefuturo and the second to Egypt’s MBC Masr.
An amalgamation of the hit Fuji TV formats Clock Hanger, Boxing Glove, and Run Quiz Run, the format sees teams of contestants compete for cash prizes by answering questions and completing hilarious physical challenges in order to avoid being sent for a plunge into an icy pool of water.
The news reflects an increasing appetite for game and studio shows that have a strong comedic element, and follows recent international successes for other FremantleMedia titles like Thank God You’re Here, Through the Keyhole and Total Blackout. The trend suggests that laughter may not just be good for the soul, but good for the format business too.
Thank God You’re Here, which tests celebrities improvisational skills by throwing them into an unknown situation which they must ad-lib their way through, aired for the first time in Turkey (TRT), Vietnam (VTV3) and Finland (MTV3), where the show became an instant hit rating number one in its timeslot among 15-24s and +97% above the slot average for the same age group.
Through the Keyhole, which sees the show’s host let loose to rummage around three mystery celebrity houses giving comic clues to an all-star panel who then has to guess which famous face lives there, launched as the UK’s highest rated new entertainment show among adults 16-34 in 2013. The Belgian version’s first run on VTM earlier this year, established a similar record as it became Belgium’s highest rated entertainment launch of the past 12 months.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 175 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020